Journey So Far
Pennwalt Ltd. which was incorporated in 1959 with 100% share holding and technology know-how and with application data as part of technology transfer, from Sharples Corporation, U.S.A. and thereafter from Sharples Stokes division of Pennwalt Corporation U.S.A., had set up its R&D facility and an ultra modern manufacturing facility at Navi Mumbai in 1979. The R&D facility is recognized by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India where applications development is carried out and process development is carried out on a pilot scale to adapt the full range of Pennwalt products to the needs and demands of the process industries in India and also on a world-wide basis.
Pennwalt Ltd has also Imported and absorbed the technology for :
- Manufacture, Installation and commissioning of Chlorinators and related equipment from Wallace & Tiernan division of Pennwalt Corporation, U.S.A.
- Manufacture of Hose Pumps in collaboration with M/s. Bredel of Netherlands.
- Application of anticorrosive fluoropolymer coatings and linings in PVDF, Halar ECTFE, FEP and PFA with international collaboration s with maximum in-use temperature to the highest international standards for corrosion protection of chemical process equipment
- Pre-harvest handling, Post-harvest handling and Management of Fruits & Vegetables with a joint venture from Xeda International.
Pennwalt Ltd has its quality management system certified to ISO 9001-2008 and manufactures the full range of Super-D-Canter centrifuges and high-G Tubular bowl Supercentrifuges in conformance with TUV statement of compliance with CE mark for export to the European market and to process industries world-wide. The high-G Tubular Bowl Supercentrifuges are manufactured in conformance with cGMP (current good manufacturing practice) regulations suitable for asceptic operations with Bio hazard containment for Bio technology and Pharmaceutical applications in conformance with requirements of international safety standards.
High-Tech antiblinding arrangements were recently developed by Pennwalt to substantially increase the screening efficiency of its Vibroscreen.